Epiphany...

An epiphany (from the ancient Greek ἐπιφάνεια, epiphaneia, "manifestation, striking appearance") is an experience of sudden and striking realization.

I just had a moment while sharing this TUMBLR post where I really felt the support of my peers.  Yeah, I have a team of wonderful women who support EVERYTHING I do and back me up no matter what... however in a "Dog eat Dog" industry and world, it's not hard to find hater teams working overtime to discredit your efforts and good deeds.

I chose to repost the TUMBLR post and in turn found others reposting as well!  Read here the comment that was attached:  


I'm not going to lie, I shed a few tears of joy and pride when I read both posts.  It was a reminder that you can't let the negativity of others, or the failure of others to infect you.  We are human, we make mistakes and often times we fail to realize how it effects and hurts others.  However, I have acknowledged my mistakes, accepted responsibility for them and by doing positive things I am putting them behind me.  

The question is then brought up "What are you contributing to the world, the industry and to the community that is positive?"  My question is, to those who ask, "What are YOU contributing positively?"  Our community is so divided and filled with discrimination within itself.  We worry entirely TOO much about what everyone else is doing instead of minding our own business and focusing on ourselves.  

I bounce back quickly, and although I had a few moments of humanity and humbling experiences I quickly return to hustling and working towards my dreams.  I realize these moments are necessary to keep us grounded and help us realize that no matter what happens in life, you have to keep your feet on the ground.  

Big things are happening and they're happening so fast with the BBWCamHouse live and the new website about to launch, there is so much going on and little time to really "feel" emotions.  I am glad I was able to experience today's feelings and address some humanity in my life.  

I am going to leave you with this very powerful message:  You get from the world what you put in.

Chew on that for a while.  Have a blessed and successful day!  Be safe! xoxox Kari

Comments