When one door closes...



We all know how the saying goes, when one door closes another opens.  Tonight I had an epiphany and found myself really taking some time to analyze so many relationships and aspects of my life both professionally and personally.

The Devil Wears Prada movie just went off, and I oddly found myself shedding a few tears as I saw a piece of me in the movie.  Watching Anne Hathaway's character evolve reminded me of how I am changing and learning to be a boss.  It's not an easy transformation because you have to learn to remove your personal feelings from situations.  As a genuinely caring person, it's difficult not to think of someone's well being or see the good in them.  Ultimately, that can be a great asset as well as a major fault.



At the end of the day, the fact remains that being humble and extending your heart to people who won't do the same in return could be the formula for my fall.  With that being said, it's time to put the big girl pants on and do what needs to be done.

So where does that leave me?  It leaves me with a lot of unfinished business that must be addressed and I have to stay strong with conviction.  It's easy to believe the lies and excuses people make but it's time to stand behind my feelings and what I know.

This is the part of being a boss where people turn, and things get ugly.  When they get their way, of course they stick around... why wouldn't they?  But when you refuse to allow things to fly people get salty.  Regardless, it's time.


Comments